Monday 2 February 2009

Living in the deep freeze........

This is going to be a long one!!.......
It may be snowing in Northern Europe but here in Athens Greece in particular in our apartment building where the central heating is not working we are living in the deep freeze!!!!!!! I am so cold i have been jumping up and down I am wearing lots of clothes i have a little halogen heater and a blow heater but that ain't doin the job!!!!!!!!!!
So of course i woke up this morning with the beginnings of a head cold i can't believe it as i haven't even really gotten over my pneumonia yet.......... something is seriously wrong with my immune system!
Yes i am going into the doctors again!!!!!
I had a great weekend regardless we spent more time out of our house where it was warmer!!!
I went to a new friends place where she held a scrap meeting crop whatever you want to call it.
I actually got some stuff done i will upload them soon.....
here is the most beautiful get well card anyone can receive.........thank you Melenia!!!



















I have caught up with time...........
time for new...........










Time to be...............











Now throughout this week I will attempt to post 100 things about me as I was tagged by Paula...........I will attempt 20 perday just enough to keep you interested and not falling asleep at the kepboard or pouring your tea all over yourself!!!!
So here goes.......
1. I was born on the 23rd of May 1968 in Sydney Australia...Yes I am 40...so what of it???????
2. My brain still screams when I say how old I am it still feels sureal to say 40!!! hey it's the new 30 isn't it????
3. As you can gather I ramble.....
4. My nickname at school was 'bigbird' from Seasame street..because I was the tallest in my primary school classes up until the 6th grade when all the rest of the school midgets caught up with me..
5.I couldn't wait to leave highschool and get on with my life..what a bozo i was!!!!!
6. I worked in an advertising agency before going to university.
7. I realised I had to leave that advertising agency soon or else i would end up with cihrosis of the liver from all the partying!!!
8. I had my first serious relationship in university....
9. My first nursing job after university was on the Melanoma ward...I have been afraid of the sunbathing ever since......
10.I went to the neonatal intensive care ward because i could not cope with young people dying from sunning them selves too long on the beach
11. The neonatal unit depressed me even more seeing brand new tiny people dying...because they were not ready for this world......
12.I was capable of going to house/dance parties (don't forget this is the early 90's the begining of house music) all night till 6am go home for a shower, change of clothes and numerous cups of coffee then head off to work for the 7am shift!!!...just writing about it is tiring I am in need of a vitamin injection.....
13. I thought I was in love with ' the one' at 21.....I said I was a bozo didn't I???????
14. I followed that 'love' to Europe we travelled to New Zealand, Japan and Italy....
15. I arrived in Greece minus my 'love'....the sure fire way to test a relationship travelling on a budget!!!
16. I fell in love with the Greek islands and did of lot of Greek loving that summer...forget Woodstock!!!!
17. I spent all my savings that summer so I found work in Athens for a Gynaecologist, Obstetrician as a nurse/receptionist...mind you everything I earned i spent partying the winter months away....
18. I was very lucky to have a great Aunt who let me stay with her free rent and board!!!!
19. When i moved into my own apartment in the Spring I had a mattress, a gas burner, a fridge that did not work, I could not afford any furniture for months so a friend gave me lots of pillows so i could sit on the bare floor. I did not have a telephone and remember we are talking pre mobile phone era....
20. I was blissfully happy in my spartan apartment.

That's all for today...if you survived my first 20 tune in tomorrow...
Before i forget I have to tag someone else so here goes Xrysa, Roula, katerina, good luck....

later........................................

1 comment:

  1. Oh my God! No heating????? Sending you get well vibes ... I don't want you to fall ill again!!!

    Love your work, and that photo of C is priceless!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete